Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Quiet

It was my first real ski trip.  I was in my mid-twenties and a new mom, so the idea of a few days away was much welcomed.  We journeyed with several friends to Colorado to ski at Monarch.

It was probably the second day of our outing.  We woke up to cloudy weather, but nothing too concerning.  As we made our way up to the ski area it seemed as if the entire mountain had been swallowed by a cloud.  At some point during the day it began to snow - those big, fat, fluffy snow flakes.  I was loving it!  A great base was already in place and fresh snow just meant more cushion for my frequent falls.

On the lift I was thinking how much I loved the snow, even though it was incredibly cold that day.  I began to notice something I had not really experienced before - complete quiet.  The clouds and snow had created this incredible sound barrier around me.  It was almost as if God had wrapped my world with a prescence of His stillness and quiet.  It was one of those times you realize just how amazing He truly is.

I am one of those people who seeks quiet.  And although I find it in different ways in my current busy life, nothing has ever compared to that day when God revealed himself to me on the mountain.

Amazed by Him.

simple faith

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?