Friday, September 25, 2009

Elohim

Several years ago I did a Kay Arthur Bible study on the book "LORD, I Want to Know You."  It was one of those things that over the years I continue to return to - actually to seek and run to - during trying times. 

The study takes you through the Hebrew names for God.  Elohim is the name for God as Creator.

Parenting seems to bring with it trying times - the positive spin on that would say "opportunities for growth" the negative spin would say "no one escapes this with their sanity."  Often these "opportunities for growth" have driven me to my knees and searching for something to bring direction and solace.  And often I find myself recognizing God as Elohim - my child's Creator.

Reading Psalm 139:13-18 and putting my child's name in the verses reminds me that God truly created this child to be exactly as he fashioned him.  Whatever trial that day has brought, it was no surprise to God. 

Elohim - The Creator - my Creator - my children's Creator.

Choosing to worship, not wallow.

simple faith

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?