Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Disciple

Funny how I am all good and well with the word disciple until I have to apply it to my own life.  Suddenly I begin thinking things like, "Weren't almost all of those guys tragically killed somehow?"!  Me - a disciple?  Are you sure?

Oh, I know.  We are all called to be one.  None of us is given the job of just sitting quietly on the sidelines. 

Once while studying Holy Week, one of my beloved teachers posed the question, "Which crowd would you be in?  The one who praised him on Sunday during the palm procession or the one who cried for his crucifixion later in the week?"  It took me a while to come to an answer, but I finally said, "Neither.  I want to be one of the disciples."

And so I find myself stumbling through life.  Sometimes hearing some really great teaching and totally missing the point.  Sometimes being the one who argues with a brother about who Jesus loves the most.  Sometimes being the one who loses my cool and lops off some poor guy's ear.  Sometimes being the one who loses sight of the plan.  Sometimes being the one who says, "Hey, I wasn't with him - you have me mistaken for someone else!" 

And then sometimes, just on occasion, I have those "ah ha" moments that must make the Father and Son shake theirs heads and smile to each other saying, "You know, that one is not always the brightest, but we sure do love it when she gets it!"

Loved whether I always get it or not. 

simple faith

Labels:


Comments:
Wow! You got this one right! We are loved no matter what!
 
I wish we all would completely buy into that - what a difference it would make!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?